“Quite sensational, but pointedly written, and even with practical tips.”
manager magazin; September 2012
The first book by authors Matthias Weik and Marc Friedrich entitled “The Biggest Heist in History” was published in May 2012.
The book became a sustained bestseller within just a few months and was reviewed by many media both in Germany and abroad. It was the most successful business and economics book in 2013.
The updated version has been available as a paperback since April 2014. The book is also available in China and Taiwan.
Welcome to an exciting journey into the world of madness, lies, fraud, and the most powerful destruction of capital ever experienced by humanity. The Biggest Heist in History is occurring before our very eyes and we are all its victims. The rich and our society are becoming ever richer, while all others are becoming ever poorer.
The authors ask:
- How is money created in the first place?
- How do banks and states actually acquire money?
- Why is the global financial system unjust?
- Are only banks to blame for the current plight, or are policymakers also responsible?
- Why is the world’s biggest financial casino situated in Germany, and why does almost no one know about it?
- Isn’t the euro doomed to failure?
- Are life insurance, pensions, home loan & savings contracts, and government bonds still suitable investments?
- Do financial products serve customers or the financial industry?
- What does it mean when a state goes bankrupt?
- Who actually benefits from our state’s debts?
- Can such a thing as perpetual growth exist?
This exciting and engaged book provides answers not only for worried investors. It shows which investments still make sense, and those from which only the financial industry benefits. The coming months might already prove crucial for the financial destiny of states and their citizens. You are also affected – failure to take the right action now could soon leave you empty-handed.
Every crisis also has its opportunity, however. Make sure you’re not one of the losers.
“A morality tale full of anecdotes – of how greed for fast money inevitably leads to bubbles, and then crises.”
€uro – Wirtschaft – Politik – Börse; January 2013
24 Months – Top ranking: Position 1 (edition 45/2012, 12/2013, 19/2013, 49/2013, 2/2014 and 6/2014).
82 Weeks – Top ranking: Position 2 (edition 7, 9, 11, 12, 14 and 20/2013).).
Most successful business book 2013 in Germany
Paperback: 384 pages
Publisher: Bastei Lübbe (Bastei Lübbe Taschenbuch)
Print-run: 1st print-run (15 April 2014)
€9.99 including VAT
Paperback: 381 pages
Print-run: 1st print-run (30 May 2012)
€19.90 € including VAT
Voices of the press
Conclusion: with the "The Biggest Heist in History", Matthias Weik and Marc Friedrich have succeeded in writing a big book that is well worth reading about the financial system in which we have to live.
SMART INVESTOR (01.10.12)
This exciting and engaged book provides answers not only for worried investors. It shows which investments still make sense, and those from which only the financial industry profits.